Briere Production Group has a unique opportunity for an Operations Coordinator to join our team. We are looking for an independent, experienced industry professional, with proven technical background in Audio, Lighting, Video, Backline production supply in addition to labour and logistics coordination. If this is you, we welcome you to apply as we’re seeking a candidate with the skills to manage both our operations in addition to contractors & employees while supporting our technicians as they prepare for each event.
The ideal candidate would be an individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a passion for the event and concert production industry. As Operations Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day operations while supporting the Warehouse and our contractors. Our office and warehouse are centrally located allowing for a business casual environment with hands-on management of our daily operations.
- Equipment/Asset Management
- Equipment Shortage Resolution sourcing with vendors
- Labour coordination for assuring costs remain within desired budgets
- Ensure processes in place and followed to inform crew of details of events and submissions to accounting.
- Working with the warehouse team to fulfill their delivery and labour requirements
- Work with logistics companies to schedule and arrange for local, national and international deliveries regarding trucking and transportation
- Establish process to source competitive pricing for events which require flights, hotels, ferries, car rentals, buses or any other production needs necessary
- Forecast/resolve equipment shortages in Flex for account reps.
- Arrange equipment sub-rentals with account reps for shortages
- Ensure orders received from account reps are filled completely
- Working with local communities and schools to identify new potential techs to work within the production industry
- Develop, maintain and implement SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Strong understanding (industry experience) of technical aspects of audio, lighting, video and backline equipment
- High school education or equivalent, post-secondary considered an asset
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, specifically using Excel formulas & tables
- Familiar with Flex Rental Solutions Software, CRM’s, Scheduling and Windows PC’s
- Office hours are Monday to Friday but must be open to flexible hours and available on weekends and public holidays
- Ability to show leadership and communicate effectively to team members
- Maintain inventory; track receipt, sending and delivery of materials
- Enter, transcribe, record, store or maintain information in either written or electronic form
- Supervise others by assigning/directing work; conducting employee evaluations, staff training and development, taking appropriate corrective actions, etc.
- Strong level of customer service and professionalism
- Strong time management with the ability to multi-task and delegate
- Ability to work independently for extended periods of time
- Must be a self-starter who is able to work independently for extended periods of time and make decisions
- Fast learner and open to changes on a regular basis
- Background in management, staffing or labour coordination
- Knowledge of entertainment equipment, technology and suppliers
- Familiar with event planning
- Experience with invoicing, payroll and accounts payable
- Experience with software such as Rental Point, CRM’s and CMS’s
- Medical & dental plan available, paying 50% of the monthly premium
Job Type: Full-time