Our Briere Transportation Limited division is currently hiring Class 1 company drivers. Briere Transportation Limited participates in local, overnight and long-haul freight. We have the ability and willingness to flex work to a driver’s situation to optimize work life balance as much as possible. Our primary market segment is Production Transportation for the concert, touring and the live events sector.
Concert tours can range in length from a few days to several months. While there are some unique opportunities in the touring business, Briere Transportation Limited recognizes and is committed to supporting your need to be home and offer unique solutions to support that when on tour. A positive attitude and commitment to time sensitive deliveries are a must in our business. If this sounds like you, a rewarding and long-term relationship awaits you at Briere Transportation Ltd.
Job Description: This role requires someone with positive interpersonal skills and professionalism when dealing with the public and customers. The ideal candidate has an interest in participating in the concert production industry and is organized and team oriented.
You should be able to:
- Operate Class 1 tractor trailer combination
- Communicate effectively with customers, dispatch, safety coordinator and management
- 100% ELD HOS/FMSCA compliant, electronic DVIR pre and post trip.
- Fluent in English to complete trip reports etc. as needed.
- Physically capable and able (ability to lift or maneuver 60 lbs) to participate in the loading and unloading of wheeled/crated equipment should the need arise (infrequent).
- Class 1 driver’s license
- Valid Passport and Willingness to Travel to the USA is Required
- Cross Border experience
- Ability to navigate various APP’s (ELD, Arrive/Depart, POD) on cell phone or tablet.
- Driver abstract must be in good standing with no more than 2 demerits.
- Minimum 3 years driving experience
- Minimum 2 years Rocky Mountain driving in all seasons
- Commitment to supporting our goal of having a very clean/professional image.
- Familiarity with Dry Van Trailers, Flat Deck and load securement
- Passing a Drug Test as Required for DOT compliance program
- Dispatch team that supports the driver work life balance.
- Leased late model trucks.
- Competitive local hourly and mileage rates offered
- Paid wait time after 2 hours at drops/pick
- Paid Drops/Pick
- Paid ½ hr mandatory 8 hr. HOS break.
- Border crossing pay.
- Paid bi-weekly (direct deposit)