Briere Production Group is seeking a Commercial Dispatcher & Freight Sales candidate to manage our transportation division. The ideal candidate will have experience in specialized tour logistics, general freight, cross border shipments, dry van, reefer, flat and stepdeck of both FTL and LTL commodities along with possessing a proven book of business.
This is an advanced level position and provides above average earning potential. A positive attitude and commitment to on-time delivery are a must in our business. This role requires someone with great interpersonal skills and professionalism when dealing with the public and customers. The ideal candidate is passionate about the concert production and transportation industry, organized and team oriented. If this sounds like you, a rewarding and long-term relationship awaits you at Briere Production Group.
- Dispatch up to 20-25 trucks at a time (pickups and deliveries to the drivers)
- Manage and Execute Sales Calls and Develop a Sales Pipeline for transportation accounts
- Complete cross border paperwork for ACE, ACI, PAPS and PARS
- Payroll data entry
- Ensure on time service for all pick ups and deliveries
- Assign trip and movements in the system
- Minimize driver delays
- Plan work for the next week in advance
- Maintain and run Dispatch Reports
- Reviewing the driver’s day sheets and HOS
- Daily communication with company drivers and owner operators.
- Working within tight schedules, with daily fluctuations in volume, and being adept at improvising to assure a timely and safe delivery.
- Manage drug testing program for DOT compliance
- Working knowledge and adheres with all Transport Canada rules and regulations.
- Perform operational analysis and recommend modifications to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Conducts themselves accordingly, as an ambassador of Briere Production Group and our company values.
- Other assigned tasks and responsibilities as required.
- Minimum 3+ year of dispatching work experience
- Minimum 3+ years of transportation sales experience (preferred)
- Minimum 3+ years cross border experience (preferred)
- dispatch & trucking operations certificate (Preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including people management skills
- Strong understanding of transport industry
- Strong organizational skills to coordinate multiple tasks
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Proficiency on MS Office software, including email, word processing and spreadsheets
- flexible work schedule
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Salary from $50,000 per year
- Benefits, Vacation Pay and Bonuses.