Briere Production Group is seeking a Commercial Dispatcher & Freight Sales candidate to manage our transportation division. The ideal candidate will have experience in specialized tour logistics, cross border shipments, dry van, reefer, flat and stepdeck of both FTL and LTL commodities along with possessing a proven book of business.
This is an advanced level position and provides above average earning potential. A positive attitude and commitment to on-time delivery are a must in our business. If this sounds like you, a rewarding and long-term relationship awaits you at Briere Production Group.
This role requires someone with great interpersonal skills and professionalism when dealing with the public and customers. The ideal candidate is passionate about the concert production and transportation industry, organized and team oriented.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate weekly collection and delivery routes and assets with computer software
- Manage and Execute Sales Calls and Develop a Sales Pipeline for transportation accounts
- Dispatch personnel according to written schedules and work orders, or as required by emergency situations
- Maintain contact with drivers throughout their shifts and address any routing issues they might have
- Update customers on the status of their deliveries including any delays that occur
- Maintain vehicle operator work records using computerized or manual methods and ensure time sheets and payroll summaries are completed accurately
- Supervise all activities of drivers and dockworkers responsible for efficient loading/unloading of trailers along with productive pick-up and delivery of freight at customer locations
- Manage drug testing program for DOT compliance
- Perform operational analysis and recommend modifications to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Supervise truck maintenance and repair
- Ensure proper work methods are utilized at all times
- commercial transportation sales : 5 years (Preferred)
- commercial transportation dispatch : 5 years (Preferred)
- cross border experience : 5 years (Preferred)
- Supply Chain Management and Logistics Certification (Preferred)
- dispatch & trucking operations certificate (Preferred)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, coaching, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to be flexible for scheduling
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver up to 60 pounds
- Salary from $50,000 per year
- Benefits, Vacation Pay and Bonuses.