Looking to get into the industry for concerts & festivals? Briere Production Group is always looking for new and eager technicians to join us of all skill levels for Casual on-call work. Whether you’re recent graduate, musician or just moved to the Vancouver area we are always accepting new contractors to join our team. We’ll provide on the job training and opportunities to learn about all our equipment from audio to lighting, video and staging.
The General Technician position will be involved with overall preparation, maintenance and operation of BPG audio, lighting, video and staging equipment in the shop, office, onsite or as needed. Wages are hourly dependent on experience and availability.
- Loading and unloading trucks or trailers at BPG shop and/or onsite
- Setting up production equipment including but not limited to audio.
- Leading the prep and de-prep of audio equipment at BPG Shop in conjunction with the shop and other department leads.
- Testing, cleaning, repairing, stacking, un-stacking, prepping, un-prepping, shipping, receiving, delivering, teaching, training, learning, operation and overall wellbeing of all audio equipment, cases, cables, testers and tools.
- A genuine interest in the audio/visual in the live entertainment industry.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Proficient with basic hand tools
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Ability and willingness to work nights and/or weekends is a must
- Ability and willingness to travel for work is a must
- Construction helmet
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety Vest
- Steel toe boots
- Construction Helmet
- BPG (T-Shirt or Polo ) *provided by BPG
- This is an on call casual position.
- All General Technicians are hired as contractors and act as a representative for BPG