As one of the Pacific Northwest’s largest bundled service production companies we are currently looking for experienced Lighting Technicians to join our team! If you are a Lighting technician with relevant vocational qualifications or have completed certificate courses in film & television lighting, electrical installation, technical theatre support, or production technology, or have experience operating, configuring, and rigging systems for tours, concerts, festivals, and live events, we want to hear from you.
Briere Production Group is a Canadian production company offering the latest technology in audio, lighting, video and mobile staging for concerts, corporate events, festivals, sales and installations. It is a business casual environment with very hands-on management who has high expectations of our valued employees.
- Coordinate and run set-up, operate, monitor and break-down lighting equipment for client shows, including but not limited to, concerts, tours, festivals, corporate events, tradeshows, exhibits and theatrical productions, etc.
- May collaborate with artistic directors and directors to understand requirements;
- May work under the supervision of lighting director;
- May assist lighting engineers or designers who manage what needs to be developed and enhanced.
- Coordinate with audio, video and staging technicians regarding equipment and production process.
- Pre-rig lighting by planning where to run cables and position lights taking care to conceal all cables and wires safely.
- Assemble and set up lighting and filter equipment; install lamps and fixtures to suit the scope and specifications of the event; help rig and inspect the equipment
- Program and operate manual and computer-controlled lighting systems, special visual effects, coloured lights, stage lighting dimmers, control switch and reflectors
- Monitor the focusing of lighting at rehearsals and during the performances or shoot; change lighting between shots, as necessary
- De-rig lighting setups post-production; supervise the safe relocation of the equipment
- Maintain, configure for orders, check-in and repair the Company’s equipment resources in the warehouse.
- Complete Company paperwork as required.
- Participate in the loading and unloading of equipment from delivery vehicles.
- Participate in cross training as assigned and provide assistance and guidance for related work when necessary.
- 3 or more years of work experience with lighting and rigging.
- Experience or coursework in electrical engineering, technical support, technical drawing or electrical wiring
- Knowledge in lighting system networking (MA net, CAN, Artnet)
- Program and operate lighting console (MA Lighting, Grand Ma, Chamsys, ETC)
- Knowledge of moving light troubleshooting on site
- Lighting Console training (MA Lighting recommended)
- Possession of a High School Diploma or its’ equivalent. Trade School or post High School training in Lighting or Entertainment Technologies may be substituted in whole or in part for the experience requirement above.
- This is an Freelance Position