As one of the Pacific Northwest’s largest bundled service production companies we are currently looking for experienced Video Technicians to join our team! Strong experience working with LED walls required for this role which will involve overseeing, managing, operating and disassembling video equipment on various projects. This role requires the ability and solutions focused mindset to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems with equipment and liaising with both staff and clients to ensure the delivery of our flawless service.
- Perform set up, operation and strike of LED walls, broadcast cameras, switchers, recording equipment and video mixing consoles for events and functions such as concerts, tours, festivals, corporate events, trade shows exhibits and conventions.
- Operate cameras during events under the direction of the production manager. Sets up and tears down cameras and intercom lines when necessary. Makes ISO recordings per client wishes.
- Test, repair and maintain BPG’s Video equipment using set company procedures and guidelines
- Ensure the quality of all equipment prepared in assigned area of responsibility meets or exceeds standards of performance defined by company guidelines
- Complete the preparation of equipment in assigned area of responsibility in the specified time frame and order set by the Operations Manager
- Ensure the accuracy of all equipment checked out in assigned area of responsibility
- Submit neat and orderly records of all equipment prepared in assigned area of responsibility
- Load and unload trucks using set company safety procedures and guidelines
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment
- This position also includes assisting onsite as a V1, V2, V3, TD Switcher, Cam Op, LED Wall Tech. or systems tech
- Direct crews for onsite setup, operation, and dismantling of shows
- Ensures a flawlessly executed event through accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of video equipment.
- Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
- Collaborates with the production team on event solutions pre event and during event to ensure the best possible customer satisfaction.
- One or more years of work experience in live video production work
- Possession of a High School Diploma or its’ equivalent. Trade School or post High School training in Digital Film and Video or Entertainment Technologies may be substituted in whole or in part for the experience requirement above.
- Knowledge of setup and operation of Broadcast, Studio and EFP, Profesional Camcorders and PTZ cameras
- Must have working knowledge of live music video systems inclusive of LED wall displays and fixed camera operations with manual zoom and focus controls
- Advanced knowledge of video production software and integration, Stream Deck, Black magic, Atem and Resolume.
- Must be proficient in both Mac and PC platforms. Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft 365 preferred.
- Must possess the ability to learn and thoroughly understand current and new technical systems. Must be able to read and understand technical materials.
- Must possess the ability to understand, synthesize, and troubleshoot large complex video systems.
- Must have manual dexterity, technical acumen. An excellent ear and eye for sound and image quality is required.
- Experience with some or all of the following would be an asset:
- Media Server Programming – (Resolume, Watchout, D3, Green Hippo)
- Advanced projection experience (Blending, Stacking, non-standard screens)
- Familiarity with live video streaming technology
- Ability to work in high stress environment with tight deadlines
- This is a Freelance Position